Wednesday, April 4, 2012

We got a Car!!


Just wanted to share with you all that we found our new family car!

After a few weeks of living here, it became evident that we would need one. Once we figured out the buying process (which is lengthy and involves running around a lot) we decided to go with the same dealer that 85% of the military families here buy from. This particular dealer takes care of the Japanese Compulsatory Insurance, and taxes for you as it is included in the total price of the car. When you are walking everywhere with a 3 year old, you need al the help you can get!
      
When we left the house to go car shopping, Ben said to me "Mommy, I want a yellow car!" I was like, oh we'll see if we can find one...

When we walked up to the lot we were checking out a Red Honda Fit since that is what we had wanted to eventually buy back home. But, I really wanted something small, and unique that I couldn't find in the U.S. and this just wasn't it. But, back behind a few cars, I saw a little butter yellow peeking through and went straight for it. Once Ben and I climbed in, we were sold! For just about $3500 including the various taxes and 1 years worth of collision insurance for 2 drivers we were able to bring home our little "Butterball"...a.k.a. Butters. He's a 2002 Nissan March with about 100,000 km (about 63,000 m) on the engine.


       Driving on the left side of the road isn't as difficult as it may seem at first. I did really well my first time behind the wheel, despite being a famously nervous driver. However, I kept hitting the wipers instead of the turn signals which everyone does. Now I just need to get my license so I can practice, practic, practice!

     *Our household shipment will ready be here tomorrow, almost a month earlier than we expected! I'm so excited to sleep in my own bed! Now we will be settled into our new home country before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment